Sunday, June 2, 2013

On Doing & Being - Little Rewards


Whenever I tackle a BIG project I bargain with myself that if I get "this" done then I will reward myself with _______. These are not necessarily creative projects by any means. They are the kind I loath to do because I would rather be doing something, anything else! This system I think stems from my childhood when my parents used to say, "If you clean your room, you can..." or "After you finish your turn of kitchen duty, you can...". I hated that way of motivation then, but it seems to have held merit.

In the process of the three of us preparing to stage and sell some of our own "stuff" at an upcoming flea market in Ventura this month, I plunged head long into my kitchen cabinet abyss. My dining table is full of things uncovered and forgotten that will get carted away and hopefully be someone else's found treasure! Whew! 

Tucked away was the above lavender McCoy pot. Nope, this one is staying. My reward was to grace it with a new plant. There are of course other rewards: less clutter, keep only the essential, organization, and a sparkling clean kitchen. Yet, the plant says the job is done! Oh, but now the garage!!!

"Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful" - William Morris

~ Tina

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty pot. It looks happy with a new plant and out in the open to be enjoyed. My issue is the garage, it's always a mess. Good luck with the flea market.

    ReplyDelete