Thursday, October 25, 2012

Decorations - Box of Flowers


I never hesitate to give flowers on birthdays. I think it is because I love getting them so much myself; and the other part is working with the flowers to create a piece - good justification, right? This was a simple project to put together in no time at all. 

I had on hand an old wooden box I picked up for a $1. The mini glass vases were a find counting up to more than 60 - a purchase Lisa and Nicole once again talked me into and I'm thankful they did! I used fifteen for this project.


I added some chain to hold open the lid so that it wouldn't tumble over. 


The top and bottom inside area is covered with decorative paper and a few tacks. 


Some of the vases are tied with silk ribbon and festive yarn. The idea is that each vase could be removed and placed about if the Birthday Girl so chooses. There is something so portable, rearrangeable, nonpermanent, reusable and quaint that it fits the bill perfectly! 



"The more he gives to others, the more he possesses of his own." - Lao-Tzu

~ Tina


2 comments: